Help Hope Healing
Stephen Ministry Multiplies Ministry Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. But there are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care than pastors can effectively meet by themselves.
Stephen Ministry provides a thoroughly biblical solution-equipping God's people for ministry. Gifted laypeople receive training to support and extend the care that pastors continue to provide.
Stephen Ministers reach out with God's love to people who are hurting–congregation members and nonmembers alike.
What Is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips laypeople to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister Is ...
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caregiving gifts.
- A layperson with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctively Christian care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there's a need.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life-times when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as-
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscar riage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- Many other life challenges
Stephen Ministry Is Your Ministry
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here's what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn't expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a compassionate person and a good listener, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Stephen Leaders Are...
Trained leaders in our congregation who support and direct our Stephen Ministry.
- If you could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister...
- If you know someone who might benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister...
- If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Stephen Minister...
- If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry...
...contact one of our Stephen Leaders.
Stephen Ministry in Our Congregation
- Could you benefit from the confidential, one-to-one care and support of a Stephen Minister?
- Do you know someone else-perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative–who could benefit from Stephen Ministry? (Please let them know about us).
- Are you interested in becoming a Stephen Minister?
Contact a pastor, a Stephen Leader, or the church office to learn more.
The Stephen Ministry logo symbolizes that we all are broken people-and that only Jesus can make us whole.
"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you fulfill the law of Christ."
"Therefore encourage one another and build up each other."
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Stephen Ministries St. Louis Supports Our Congregation's Stephen Ministry
Stephen Ministries is a not-for-profit Christian educational organization based in St. Louis, Missouri. Founded in 1975, Stephen Ministries provides training and resources to thousands of congregations and organizations worldwide.
Log on to www.stephenministries.org to learn more.